- BNCWeb at Lancaster University (registration required - sign up here)
- BYU-BNC (Brigham Young University)
- BNCWeb at Oxford [Oxford University users only]
- Intellitext (University of Leeds)
- Phrases in English
- Audio BNC - access the digital audio files from the spoken corpus
Please note that we cannot answer queries about using any of these services, which are provided by other institutions. If you have a service for querying the BNC online, get in touch and we'll consider adding it to the list.
The British National Corpus (BNC) is a 100 million word collection of samples of written and spoken language from a wide range of sources, designed to represent a wide cross-section of British English, both spoken and written, from the late twentieth century. [more]