Some stylesheets are provided below to help users transform BNC XML files to different formats:
- display.xsl: a sample stylesheet which converts a BNC text into simple HTML for display online
- justTheCodes.xsl: display just the codes
- justTheWords.xsl: remove all the tagging and metadata from a BNC text and display just the words:
- oneWordPerLine.xsl: converts a BNC text for input to a simple database system. It outputs one word or punctuation string per line, with tab-separated references and codes:
- whoSpeaks.xsl: output an HTML table with the numbers of utterances and words recorded for each identified participant in a text:
These stylesheets were previously made available on the BNC XML DVD release.